Wages : DOE
The Universal Group is dedicated to being the safest full-service Traffic Management Company, focused on direct service and safety. We are looking for a full-time Dispatcher to join our team! We offer great company culture and benefits with fair wages!
If you are passionate and driven to succeed in a fast-paced and continuously growing company;
Please note: Must be okay with varying hours (At times)
- Ensure clients are provided with the very best traffic control service to protect workers, the general public and our employees.
- Investigates and analyzes concerns from clients, general public and employee and reports these incidents as needed to the proper channels depending on the situation at hand.
- Ensure traffic control capabilities meet or exceed requirements for cost, quality, delivery, safety and responsiveness.
- Answer a high volume of phone calls, text messages and emails from clients and employees in regards to staffing at job sites, safety issues, and complaints that may arise.
- Accurately enter all requests for staffing at job sites into a computer-based program as required.
- Check various traffic control plans and determine if special signs are required for the job and report the requirements to the Fleet/Warehouse Manager.
- Track all requests for employee leave and time off to ensure optimum levels of staff are available for job requirements.
- Assist with Special Events and work closely with the Coordinator to ensure proper levels of staff and equipment are available for the clients.
- Knowledge and understanding of Traffic Management Plans and the Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways as developed by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Windows Office Applications; Word and Excel.
- Excellent telephone skills, communication skills, and mannerism’s
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight time constraints.
- Dependability and available for flexible working hours.
- Previous dispatching experience considered an asset.