Area Manager – Prince George
Wages : $50,000 -$55,000
The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service and competitive pricing in industries such as construction, industrial projects, property management, film, municipal work, event support and utilities. Our support services are tailored to specific needs creating best in class customer value. We are industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
We are looking for a driven self starter to join and manage our operations at our Prince George location. This position is directly responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of high-quality traffic control services to our clients and includes the management of labour, productivity and maintaining traffic control operations, efficiency, safety and the supervision of field staff.
A successful candidate has industry related experience (construction) and the ability to motivate staff, work autonomously and problem solve in a fast paced, changing environment. They will also embody the companies core values of motivation, drive and authenticity while providing peace of mind to both clients and employees.
If you are looking for a change and are excited by this potential opportunity and meet the requirements below; APPLY NOW!
- Liase with Operations Manager and general Manager to ensure coordination of schedules efficient work distribution and relief needs as required, including updating of the seniority lists
- Manage existing and develop new client relationships
- Manage and direct employees as needed for dispatch, site requirements, drop-off and pick-up of equipment
- Liase with clients to ensure integrity of reported time and any other operational or admin issues
- Answer phone calls and emails from clients and employees, regarding staffing of job sites, safety issues and complaints
- Investigate and analyse all complaints from our clients, the public and employees while reporting major incidents, as required to with the Operations Manager or a Health and Safety representative
- Support sales team with service related issues
- Liase with fleet and facilities department to ensure proper inventory/ supply of fleet vehicles of LCTs
- Maximise equipment profitability and utilization; track equipment to determine proper inventory, utilization and maintenance
- Ensure any driving and/ or performance issues are communicated; ensure proper follow up and corrective action is completed; as per Company Policy
- Liase with Human Resources with employee issues and recruiting
- Ensure compliance and support all health and safety policies, procedures and practices (incident reporting, investigations, return to work program etc)
- Address any safety related issues, visit field sites, participate and conduct safety meetings, review safety initiatives with field employees and conduct safety inspection
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Previous traffic control experience considered an asset
- 2 years management experience required
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills with the ability to multi task and effectively meet deadlines
- Ability to resolve conflict and customer complaints diplomatically
- Well versed in all safety regulations as it relates to traffic management, its service and facility
- Certification of a valid BCCSA Traffic Control Person ticket considered an asset