Construction Safety Officer (CSO)
Wages : $25.00-$28.00 depending on experience (Full-Time and Part-Time!)
Universal Health and Safety a division of the Universal Group, is an industry leader in Health and Safety. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education. If you want to be a part of a progressive, fun, and dynamic team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Tonya Lines, Operation Manager
- Attend all safety incidents onsite and providing first aid treatment as necessary
- Promote health and safety in the workplace
- Inspect the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Conduct toolbox meetings
- Promote safe practices at the job site.
- Remain current with WorkSafeBC and OH&S legislation
- Provide support to management
- Complete documentation
- Additional tasks based on position
- Current certificates – Construction Safety Officer or NCSO and OFA 2 or 3
- Drivers license is an asset but not a must
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Work effectively with minimal direction
- Must have effective verbal and written communicate skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer programs as may be necessary in the performance of CSO duties
- Flexible schedule and able to work in various municipalities
- Easy going attitude with the ability to work well under pressure
- CSA approved steel toe boots
- Experience with high rise, residential, construction or marine industries
- Trades certifications. Both experienced and inexperienced applicants are welcome!
Please attach your CSO / OFA certificate in the Cover Letter upload spot.