Construction Safety Officer (CSO)- Signing Bonus
Wages : $25.00-$28.00 depending on experience
Universal Health and Safety, a division of the Universal Group, is an industry leader in Health and Safety. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education. If you want to be a part of a passionate, authentic, and driven team, we look forward to hearing from you!
We are so excited to have you in our team that we are offering a 200$ signing bonus after the completion of 30 days!!
Position: Construction Safety Officer
Reports to: Operation Manager
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 depending on experience
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend all safety incidents onsite and providing first aid treatment as necessary
- Promote health and safety in the workplace
- Inspect the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Conduct toolbox meetings
- Promote safe practices at the job site.
- Remain current with WorkSafeBC and OH&S legislation
- Provide support to management
- Complete documentation
- Additional tasks based on the position
- Current certificates – Construction Safety Officer or NCSO and OFA 2 or 3
- A drivers license is an asset but not a must
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Work effectively with minimal direction
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer programs as may be necessary for the performance of CSO duties
- Flexible schedule and able to work in various municipalities
- Easy going attitude with the ability to work well under pressure
- CSA approved steel toe boots