Crew Lead – Landscape Maintenance
Wages : C$19 - 24, Based on experience
The Universal Group is an industry leader in traffic control services, traffic management planning, traffic equipment supply, landscaping, demolition services, health and safety, and temporary labour where M3 Personnel resides as an integral part of this group. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education. If you want to be a part of a progressive, fun, and dynamic team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Schedule: 4-5 days per week, Monday to Friday
Start date: April 1st, 2018
Reporting to the Field Supervisor & Operations Manager, you will lead a crew to perform manual duties to maintain landscaped areas for residential and commercial properties to a high degree of tidiness and horticultural excellence.
- Display a professional appearance and attitude and foster this in others
- Complete and submit reports, timesheets, and other forms (usually electronically)
- Work with the crew to complete all sites safely, on time and to the given maintenance standard
- Lawn care: mow, line trim, and power edge
- Garden bed care: weed, rake, cultivate, water, prune
- Site cleanups: blow, debris removal, litter removal
- Maintain/repair tools or equipment
- Follow all health & safety regulations including wearing appropriate protective equipment (PPE)
- Install softscape materials (i.e. soil, mulch, sod, seed, fertilizer, lime, plant material)
- Ability to perform physically demanding manual labour, in all weather conditions, for 8+ hours per day
- Ability to positively give and take direction, adjust to change, and work as a team
- Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership role and 4 years the landscape industry
- Class 5 Driver’s Licence and a Driver’s abstract are required
If you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter to Charissa Steel, Operations Manager. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.