Demolition Lead Hand
Wages : C$18 - 22
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Operations Manager
Universal Demolition Inc, a division of the Universal Group, is an industry leader in Interior Demolition. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education. If you want to be a part of a progressive, fun, and dynamic team, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job perks at the Demolition:
- Rewarding and challenging fast-paced work in an encouraging environment.
- Working with a reputable company to be represented and treated professionally.
- Opportunities to grow within the group of companies.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Company BBQs, potlucks, book clubs, and team-building events.
For more information about our growing company, please visit our website at www.theuniversalgroup.ca.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Lead Hand will be involved with supervising small groups of Labourers and working with sub-trades in all aspects of interior demolition projects, while ensuring our high standards of quality are met or exceeded. The Lead Hand will supervise the General Labourers while assisting in all aspects of the demolition process.
- 1-year minimum of demolition experience.
- 1-year team lead experience.
- Full knowledge of basic hand tools and power tools with the ability to train and lead staff on safe usage of tools.
- Remove, handle, and dispose material.
- Must be able to operate hand tools and machinery efficiently and safely, and maintain clean and safe work environment.
- Ensure all crew are following proper procedures and have the proper PPE.
- General clean-up and debris and construction content removal.
- Deconstruct areas as necessary for renovations.
- Supervise crew and work in commercial demolition sites.
- Conduct safe and clean demolition.
- Clear away debris and prep site for reconstruction on time.
- Daily completion of paperwork, employee hours, report directly to directors and other necessary paperwork.
- CSA-approved steel toed boots.
- Flexibility in shift availability (day, afternoon, night, weekend).
- Must be a team player.
- Physically fit with the ability to lift 25-50 lbs.
- Valid and clean Class 5 Driver’s License and able to drive with a dump trailer.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Ability to run a small crew, inclusive of scheduling and timekeeping.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter by the end of January. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted.
Direct your cover letter to: Graeme Fraser, Operations Manager.