Demolition Technician – Skilled Labour
Wages : C$17 - 19
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Operations Manager
Universal Demolition Inc, a division of the Universal Group, is an industry leader in Interior Demolition. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job perks at Universal Demolition:
- Rewarding and challenging fast-paced work in an encouraging environment.
- Working with a reputable company to be represented and treated professionally.
- Opportunities to grow within the group of companies.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Company BBQs, potlucks, and team-building events.
For more information about our growing company, please visit our website at www.theuniversalgroup.ca.
The ideal candidates will be capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely. Additionally, he or she should be familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures to ensure project security.
- 1 year of demolition experience.
- Removing, handling, and disposing materials.
- Using hand and power tool to access and remove materials.
- General clean-up and debris and construction content removal.
- Deconstruct areas as necessary for renovations.
- Complete safe and clean demolition to non-restorable structure (walls, floors, drywall etc.).
- Complete safe and clean removal of restorable items (vanity, doors, trim, cabinets etc.).
- Jack hammering, dewatering, sweeping, and vacuuming.
- Clear away debris and prepare site for reconstruction.
- Safely pack and store work materials as directed by the site supervisor.
- Clean equipment, and work site area.
- Labourer – Semi Skilled.
- 1+ year of construction experience with solid experience in demolition.
- Must be able to operate hand tools and machinery efficiently and safely, and maintain clean and safe work environment.
- Able to work independently and without supervision, completing necessary tasks.
- CSA-approved steel toed boots.
- Flexibility in shift availability (day, afternoon, night, weekend).
- Must be a team player.
- Physically fit with the ability to lift 25-50 lbs.
- You must have a clean drivers abstract and able to drive with a dump trailer.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
Nice to Have:
- Preference will be given to those with a clean BC Driver’s License.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter by the end of January. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted.
Direct your cover letter to: Graeme Fraser, Operations Manager