Wages : C$Based on Experience
Reporting to the General Manager. Must be flexible for fixed shift rotations such as day/night during various weeks. Responsible for achieving optimum levels of service to clients, employees, public relations, safety, and the day to day selection of Traffic Control Personnel or Lane Closure Technicians at the clients request for services.
- Ensure our clients are provided with the very best traffic control service to protect workers, the general public and our employees
- Investigate and analyze all concerns from our clients, the general public and our employees, report as required these incidents and complaints to either the General Manager, Operations Manager or the Health and Safety Officer.
- Ensure traffic control capabilities meet or exceed requirements for cost, quality, delivery, safety and responsiveness
- Build and retain a high level skilled team of people to lead specific dispatching duties
- Answer phone calls, text messages and emails from clients and employees in regards to staffing at job sites, safety issues, and complaints that may arise.
- Accurately enter all requests for staffing at job sites into a computer-based program as required
- Check various TMP’s and determine if special signs are required for the job and report the requirements to the Fleet/Warehouse Manager
- Track all requests for employee leave and time off to ensure optimum levels of staff are available for job requirements
- Assist with Special Events and work closely with the Coordinator to ensure proper levels of staff and equipment are available for the clients
Successful candidates will have:
- Qualified Traffic Control Person as per the WorkSafeBC Regulation for traffic control, and hold a current/valid BCCSA certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of Traffic Management Plans and the Traffic Control
- Manual for Work on Roadways as developed by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Knowledgeable of Windows Office Applications; Word & Excel
- Telephone Skills & mannerism
- Multi-tasking ability
- Dependability and available for flexible working hours
- Previous dispatching experience a plus
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.