Wages : DOE
M3 Personnel, a division of the Universal group, is looking for an experienced Foreman to join the team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review orders received, making sure workers with the skill sets needed to do the job are available.
- Accurately forecast how many workers he needs and how long each phase of the project will take.
- Assigns tasks and makes sure everyone is clear on what needs to be done.
- Required to submit progress reports to his superior on a daily or weekly basis, depending on the longevity of the job.
- Project and employee management skills are needed to be a competent labor foreman.
- Must assess the categories of jobs that need to be performed, assign appropriate personnel to carry out tasks that match their areas of expertise and supervise the workers’ performance.
- Have good oral and written communication skills to interact with her superiors and crews and prepare daily reports on the progress of the project.
- Diligently manage safety protocols, make sure that worker safety stays a top priority.
- Enforce guidelines and laws as outlined by health and safety.
- Periodic safety briefings with project leadership to inform them ahead of time of any concerns or violations.
- Performing various skilled tasks as per site requirement.
- Vocational or trade school training in a field related to the labor involved is considered an asset for labor foreman job applicants.
- Knowledge gained through previous supervisory positions is desirable.
- Must have 2 -3 year experience.
- Having a Forklift ticket is considered an asset.
- Being able to drive is considered an asset.