Health & Safety Coordinator
Wages : TBD
The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service and competitive pricing in industries such as construction, industrial projects, property management, film, municipal work, event support and utilities. Our support services are tailored to specific needs creating best in class customer value. We are industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
- Support field staff in the safe operation of their duties by visiting sites and correcting behaviours reviews safety initiatives with field employees and conducts regular audits.
- Conduct detailed incident investigations, and report on findings.
- Recommend corrective actions and assist in the timely implementation of the same.
- Review Health & Safety related paperwork including tailboards, FLRAs, inspections, etc.
- Assist in the development and communication of Safe Work Practices and Safe Job Procedures, including injury management program.
- Assess and ensure compliance to applicable safety legislation and internal/customer protocols.
- Assist in the development of Health and Safety performance measures and monitor and report on performance.
- Attend Kickoff meetings, HSE training and orientations.
- Work with our clients to complete Project Safety Plans, Hazard Assessments and Risk Registries for Critical Tasks.
- Assist with HSE Audits and Training Matrixes.
- Other duties as required by the Health & Safety Department.
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of OH&S laws and regulations, codes, and industry best practices; OHS Regulation and Workers Compensation Act.
- Some traffic management/industrial/construction background preferred.