Wages : DOE
The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service and competitive pricing in industries such as construction, industrial projects, property management, film, municipal work, event support and utilities. Our support services are tailored to specific needs creating best in class customer value. We are industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
Duties and responsibilities
- Promote the Universal Group’s purpose (PEACE OF MIND) and core values (PASSIONATE, AUTHENTIC AND DRIVEN).
- Support field staff in the safe operation of their duties. Perform TCP duties on occasion to cover shortages.
- Conduct site inspections, complete investigations, administer training and facilitate timely corrective actions.
- Liaise with clients to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Practice conflict resolution to deescalate difficult scenarios.
- Assist with internal COR audits.
- Review Health & Safety related documentation
- Assist in the development and communication of Safe Work Practices and Safe Job Procedures
- Facilitate the Universal Group’s Injured Worker Engagement Program. Administer first aid.
- Facilitate the Universal Mentorship Program (UMP).
- Conduct FIT for Duty Drug and Alcohol reasonable suspicion checklists.
- Construction Safety Officer certification is considered an asset but not a requisite.
- Certified as a Traffic Control Person (TCP) by a WorkSafeBC approved training provider or willing to obtain.
- BCCSA Certified COR Internal Audit or willing to obtain.
- Diploma/Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety and NCSO/CRST/ASP considered an asset.
- Level 2 first aid or willing to obtain.
- Class 5 Driver’s License