Wages : $60,000
The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service and competitive pricing in industries such as construction, industrial projects, property management, film, municipal work, event support and utilities. Our support services are tailored to specific needs creating best in class customer value. We are industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
- A degree in Accounting and or with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounting is required
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- An ability to work independently or as a team under tight deadlines
- Outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is preferred
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task
Key Accountabilities & Competencies
- Bank statement reconciliation
- General ledger transactions
- P&L statement revisions
- Government tax remittances
- Intercompany Reconciliation
- Prepare and analyze monthly statements for various groups of companies; up to 12 companies.
- Review payroll records each payroll processing period for accuracy
- Prepare and input daily field reported financial data and keypunch all data into the computer system
- Analytical financial reporting. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Coordinate, monitor, review and collect overdue/outstanding accounts
- Provide support to Accounting team in preparation of invoices, resolution of A/R issues and investigating areas of concern, AR collections
- Assist in preparation for annual budgets. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, Human Resources, and Operations etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide assistance and or support to Junior accountants
- Ensure the protection and security of files and records
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s)
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit