Supervisor – Universal Landscaping
The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service and competitive pricing in industries such as construction, industrial projects, property management, film, municipal work, event support and utilities. Our support services are tailored to specific needs creating best in class customer value. We are industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
We are looking for a passionate, authentic, and driven supervisor for our landscaping division to provide our clients with peace of mind.
As a supervisor you will take on a leadership role and lead a successful and motivated team to maintain landscaped areas for both strata’s and commercial properties. Specifically;
- Plan and organize daily tasks for crew
- Manage and train crew in daily landscaping tasks
- Communicate plans and progress reports to management
- Operate equipment (mowers, trimmers, edgers, etc.)
- Provide friendly, helpful, professional customer service
- Operate and maintain a work truck, stock tools, materials, and equipment
- Continually upgrade knowledge through in-house and outside education
- Work with the crew to complete all sites safely, on-time and to the highest standards, ensuring safe work practices
As a supervisor you must possess:
- Minimum 1 year of practical experience and knowledge in maintaining landscapes and 1 year experience in a leadership role
- Valid Class 5 or Class N BC Driver’s License with an acceptable Driver’s abstract
- Industry accreditation an or asset
- Positive and professional team attitude with exceptional customer service
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
A career with us offers:
- Benefits (after 3 months)
- Extended Health and Dental, Vision, etc.
- 4% paid vacation, Company Vehicle and Fuel Card
- A great team with a great company culture, excellent and extended suppor