Traffic Control Person (TCP/ Flagger) and Lane Closure Technician (LCT) – Okanagan
Wages : Up to $20.67 per hour incl. vacation pay
GOtraffic Management is hiring Traffic Control Persons and Lane Control Technicians. These positions are for persons who share our core values of teamwork, integrity, innovation, professionalism, and service excellence, with an opportunity to grow within the company. This position reports directly to the Dispatch Manager. They are responsible for performing optimum levels of service to clients, public relations, personal safety, traffic control, safety for pedestrians, and motor vehicles for GOtraffic Management clients and contractors. A TCP/ LCT protects the safety of the work crew and the public by directing motoring, cycling and pedestrian traffic around a work site.
You need your BCCSA TCP Ticket to apply.
- Effectively conduct traffic control at work sites within the abilities and experience of the training received and provided
- Comply with all Acts, Regulations, Standards, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures for health and safety
- Participate in accident/incident investigations as required to ensure the compliance with investigative policies and procedures
- BCCSA Traffic Control Certification
- A commitment to safety
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- A preference for working outdoors
- The ability to speak, hear, and use both hands
- The ability to lift traffic equipment up to 40 pounds
- The ability to hold a stop paddle for some extended periods of time
- Steel Toe Boots