Traffic Control Person
Wages : C$16 - 22+
The Universal Group is dedicated to being the safest full-service Traffic Management Company, focused on direct service, supported and driven by our home-grown employees through dedicated and happy employees. Our employees enjoy great benefits, fair wages with the prospect of development and a real opportunity to make a difference in the industry. Both Universal Flagging and GOtraffic Management are COR certified companies that pride themselves on ensuring a safe working environment for all of our Traffic Control Personnel and Lane Closure Technicians.
Job perks at Universal Flagging & GOtraffic:
- Rewarding and challenging fast-paced work in an encouraging environment.
- Working with a reputable company to be represented and treated professionally.
- Union wages, Medical & Dental benefits after probation period and job security.
- Opportunities to grow within the Universal Group of companies.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Pleasant and understanding Dispatchers
- A dedicated Health & Safety Department, Field Supervisors, Field Trainers and Human Resources
- SIGNING BONUS – $300 to any new employees hired between March 1st and July 31st, 2018, payable at completion of probation period. ADDITIONAL $200 once 1000 hours have been worked.
Responsible for performing optimum levels of service to clients, public relations, personal safety, traffic control and safety for pedestrians, motor vehicles for Universal Flagging or GOtraffic Management clients and contractors.
Certification & Experience Level:
- Must have current Traffic Control Certification*
- Any experience level
*Looking to get certified? Please visit our website at https://www.theuniversalgroup.ca/training-programs/ and sign up for our next course today!
- Effectively conduct traffic control at worksites, ensuring the safety of workers, pedestrians and motorists within and around the worksites.
- Utilize the required PPE gear to direct traffic such as paddle, flashlight and high-vis gear.
- Comply with all Acts, Regulations, Standards, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures for health and safety.
- Complete a daily Field Level Hazard Assessment prior to stepping on the road to identify all hazards and planned escape routes.
- Attend health and safety tool-box/tail-gate meetings as required to discuss matters related to the work site and work to be conducted.
- Reports to and takes direction from a Lane Technician or Traffic Control Supervisor and assists with the setup and tearing down of the signs, delineation or equipment and traffic control procedures and other related duties as required
- Clean equipment, and worksite area.
- Monday to Friday availability
- Valid BCCSA Traffic Control Certification
- A Valid BC Driver’s Licence (MUST own reliable transportation)
- CSA-certified steel toe boots
- A cellphone
- The employee is required to stand for sometimes long periods of time, talk, hear and use both hands to perform the duties of a Traffic Control Person.
- This position requires the ability to lift traffic equipment up to 40 pounds, stand and hold a stop paddle for some extended periods of time.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your resume ASAP. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted.