Traffic Control Person
Wages : C$16 - 22+
Reports directly to the Dispatcher of either GOtraffic or Universal Flagging for day to day dispatch to conduct traffic control.
Responsible for performing optimum levels of service to clients, public relations, personal safety, traffic control and safety for pedestrians, motor vehicles for Universal Flagging and GOtraffic Management clients and contractors.
- Effectively conduct traffic control at worksites within the abilities and experience of the training provided
- Ensure our clients are provided with the very best traffic control service to protect workers, the general public and our employees
- Ensure traffic control capabilities meet or exceed requirements for quality, delivery, safety and responsiveness
- Comply with all Acts, Regulations, Standards, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures for health and safety
- Conduct traffic control at Special Events as and when required and follow the direction of the companies’ Special Events Coordinator or person in charge of the traffic control for the Special Event
- Attend health and safety tool-box/tail-gate meetings as required to discuss matters related to the work site and work to be conducted
- Participate in accident/incident investigations as required to ensure the compliance with investigative policies and procedures
- Qualified Traffic Control Person as per the WorkSafeBC Regulation for traffic control, and hold a current/valid BCCSA certificate
- Good knowledge and understanding of the WorkSafeBC Regulations for Traffic Control, Section 18
- Knowledge and understanding of the WCB Act, sections 115-117, General Duties
- Knowledge and understanding of the Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and comply all requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Traffic Management Plans and the Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways as developed by the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure