Equipment Distribution Warehouse Associate
Wages : $40,000 - $45,000
You are a person who thrives in a job that changes moment to moment, and you love never facing the same day twice . You are flexible and motivated to succeed. If this describes you then apply immediately.
The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service. We are industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training,Landscaping, Demolition, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Equipment Distribution Warehouse Associate based out of our Burnaby Warehouse. This position requires work outside the inside and outside the warehouse/ office environment, including delivery and pick up of equipment.
The Equipment Distribution Warehouse Associate reports directly to the Fleet and Facilities Manager; and specifically ensures internal and external clients receive exceptional customer service delivered in a timely fashion while maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the warehouse space.
- Supports equipment rental division by delivery and setting up message boards and signage as required.
- Supports Lane Technicians ensuring proper signs and equipment are available to adequately stock company vehicles for ongoing jobs while alerting Fleet and Facilities Manager when warehouse stock needs replenishing.
- Monitors email for incoming TMP’s requesting signs and equipment needed and not included in standard truck inventory, alerting Fleet and Facilities Manager if needing to rent of purchase from vendor to meet job requirements.
- Ensure Warehouse and Head Office are kept in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform basic fleet vehicle and facilities maintenance, examples include but are not limited to; replacing bulbs, windshield wiper blades, fuses and minor arrow board repair, disposing of garbage, etc.
- Assist in Fleet and Inventory Inspections on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver and or install signs, message boards or equipment sold outright or rented by customers as per direction from the Operations Manager, Universal Traffic Supply.
- Demonstrate responsibility and safety in the workplace at all times.
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License, must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used.
- Must be able to tow utility trailers and back them up safely.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.